www.flickr.com
osakasteve's Gamercard

11 May 2004

The Evolution of a Wardrobe

As I said to my coworker last night as we stood briefly next to the iPods, "Brian, it's time to retire this hat."

This BMW.Williams team cap has served me well for a couple years now. It's deep blue color is lo-key, and the Reuters siderunners are a great conversation starter.

However, a couple of things are pointing towards the big hat rack in the sky. First, Ralf Schumacher has been wholly underwhelming as a driver, and I don't know that I respect him enough to wear his signature on my brim any longer. Second, my love of Formula One has been invaded by MotoGP and World SuperBike, so it may be time to give the two-wheelers a shot at my crown.

The other hat in active rotation has been the John Deere, or as Anna so lovingly dubbed it, "The Rapist Hat." While I definitely enjoy that moniker, I wonder if it's time to look for another, more elaborate redneck symbol. Perhaps something made of the skin of an animal?

In closing, does anyone else enjoy the word wardrobe as much as I do? It's got the word 'war' built right into it, and it's that sort of tacit violent imagery that gets me out of bed in the morning.

Powered by Blogger