www.flickr.com
osakasteve's Gamercard

21 January 2006

Jenny's 21st birthday extravaganza

My good friend Jenny turned 21 yesterday, so naturally I had to roll out and celebrate with her. We started at Nola's in downtown Paly, which had no shortage of entertainment.

Nola's was on fire

A solid group of ladies (and their requisite hanger-on boys) turned out to help usher Jenny into full-blown adulthood. I had only met one of them before that night when Jenny roomed with her last year at SCU.

Gorgeous

The drinking was hot and heavy, though I was able to abstain from straws and beads and puckered faces. Hiding behind my lens proved a successful strategy for staying sober.

Drink ya fools

I convinced the group to evac from what was becoming a capacity crowd at Nola's. I enticed them with stories of a magic fairy and some friends who serve alchohol, and so we ventured down the block.

Stumble down the street

We stumbled into another birthday party at Hukilau, complete with a band for us to embarrass ourselves with. My main man Alan hooked up the pitcher, which was quickly spread across the table with grace.

Up yours!

Before I could really measure the level of inebriation of our group, the sake-bomb fairy had produced a special present for Jenny and the rest of us. Who were we to turn down such a gift?

Last round

Once the birthday girl started looking for alternative beverages, it was clear that I needed to help them move along (I've got a rep to uphold with my man Alan!) The girls claimed to need dancing, so it was off to Blue Chalk

She's getting hungry

As the group queued up to pay their dancing toll, some of them didn't seem like they would survive very much of the hip-hop drizzling out from the gates of Blue Chalk.

Falling asleep in line

As I said goodbye and promised that Jenny and I would indeed go out with Jenny again, as we now live so close together. I wished her a happy birthday and caught once last glimpse of the big smiles.

Heading into Blue Chalk

Happy birthday Jenny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger